Skip to main content

Featured

The Reality of Motherhood

Discussing the reality of motherhood has became an increasingly popular topic after the famous love island star - Molly-Mae has became a mum and discussed honestly about her feelings towards being a new mum. Molly-Mae admits she's not ready   As Molly-,Mae has outlined - it's a lot harder than what she thought and I would have to agree. I think I was looking at being a mum as an exciting new chapter (which it is) but I never realised the effect becoming a new mum would have on me mentally as well as physically and but looking at Molly-Mae's it's clear to see that she is in the same boat.  Becoming a new mum is mentally draining especially if you choose to breastfeed as you are constantly needed and sometimes you feel as if you have done nothing but feed your baby all day. Physically, there are many changes to your body in which you probably weren't expecting such as the change to your body in comparison to your pre-pregnancy baby.  Like Molly-Mae, she wants to get b

Welcome!

Meeting the Mum behind the blog!  


Standing in Paisley Abbey with UWS Court Award

 

Hey, I am Heather! I am the face behind Baby Brain πŸ‘ΆπŸ»πŸ§ 

I've created this blog to show other expecting/First Time Mum (FTM) students that they aren't alone with a newborn baby and that there is support available for you as well as documenting my pregnancy and how my life has changed with a newborn.

About me: 

I am currently 21 years old and 38 weeks pregnant! I am also a third year Business and Marketing student at University of the West of Scotland and I am hoping to graduate with my honours next year  ☺️ (if all goes well). Throughout last summer, I was working as an activity instructor and was employed by The Scouts and I cannot wait to return again in the summer! πŸ§—πŸ»‍♀


My Pregnancy so far:

My pregnancy so far has not been easy! At the start of my pregnancy, I was very unsure on how I would manage working part time, complete a degree and change my whole life to adapt to suit a baby. As I am young my health has been well throughout my whole pregnancy (apart from the odd morning sickness) so I am pretty lucky in that sense. I am now at the stage where I am planning my labour and what I want to do, pain relief I want to have, what hospital I want to go too and what I need to pack in my hospital bag. I am getting nervous now for the whole labour experience however, I'm sure it will all be worth it when I meet my baby for the very first time. 

 

My Support System: 

Pregnancy can be a lonely time and it is shown that 42% of females suffered from loneliness pre-pandemic with this figure increasing during the pandemic (Merwick et al, 2022). As a social animal before my pregnancy this was never something I considered however, I have realised that it does affect you. Loneliness seemed to come in a different form for me. I could be in a room with 15 friends but still feel alone. However, I do have a very strong support system and I have to say this pregnancy has brought me closer to the females in my family especially my mum and sister. I share everything with them! (Even if it is maybe TMI). I have also become closer to my best friend, and it is true when they say ‘you’ll find out who you’re true friends are’. It is clear to see the ones that have stuck around and the others that have left me behind!

 




Comments

  1. Very impressive. Great content! Ideal information for student in a similar situation.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! There will be more content to follow!

      Delete
  2. Moira (mum/gran)23 March 2023 at 22:17

    You are, and always have been, absolutely amazing ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts