Skip to main content

Featured

The Reality of Motherhood

Discussing the reality of motherhood has became an increasingly popular topic after the famous love island star - Molly-Mae has became a mum and discussed honestly about her feelings towards being a new mum. Molly-Mae admits she's not ready   As Molly-,Mae has outlined - it's a lot harder than what she thought and I would have to agree. I think I was looking at being a mum as an exciting new chapter (which it is) but I never realised the effect becoming a new mum would have on me mentally as well as physically and but looking at Molly-Mae's it's clear to see that she is in the same boat.  Becoming a new mum is mentally draining especially if you choose to breastfeed as you are constantly needed and sometimes you feel as if you have done nothing but feed your baby all day. Physically, there are many changes to your body in which you probably weren't expecting such as the change to your body in comparison to your pre-pregnancy baby.  Like Molly-Mae, she wants to get b

Local Support Groups!

As all parents are aware there are many support groups which parents are encouraged to attend. As I live within Inverclyde council - I have attended a few support groups in which have enabled me to meet other parents in similar situations and share our own concerns about our babies! 

The first class, I attended with Murray when he was 10 days old was the Breastfeeding Support Group in Port Glasgow, Inverclyde. This class enabled me to meet our mums who are also breastfeeding there little ones and they provided me with some tips on how to position the baby correctly as well as saying that unto 1 hour feeds are normal (so, if your planning on breastfeeding your little one get some Netflix series ready!). this class only lasted 1 hour and a half but after going I instantly felt better for getting out the house as well as feeling more confident on my breastfeeding journey.

Breastfeeding Support Group - 

Advertisement regarding Breastfeeding classes

 

Here is a video providing you with some more information on how a breastfeeding group can be beneficial for you - 



Another class, I have attended within Inverclyde has been the Kilmacolm Playgroup. Mostly all villages and towns in Scotland have local playgroups which parents and babies can attend (and are free until the child is 6 months). This class allowed me to meet other mums with young children in the village therefore enabling me to build friendships with the other mums. Another great way to find out about local playgroups is through social media channels such as; Facebook. This is how I found information about the Kilmacolm Playgroup. Find you local playgroup here

Bookbug - 

Bookbug is avaliable for all children within scotland and can help develop the baby's literature development and is avaloiable from your local library. 

Here is a video introducing Bookbug - 



(Warning: The songs are very catchy and book bug is great fun and I would highly recommend it as it is very fun)!! 

Music Moo's - 


A class which I haven't been too yet as it is fully booked but I am currently on a waiting list for is for Music Moo's just like Bookbug this class provides a chance for parents to get out the house and sing to there little ones. Music Moo is based on a cow on a farm and all the songs which are sang throughout music moo shows this. Music Moo enables children to learn about the animals on the farm as well as interacting with other children! Here is the everybody here song!! 




I hope this blog helped and provided you with knowledge about classes in which you can take your little one too! I found it crucial that I leave the house on a regular basis in order to not go insane so these classes definitely give me a purpose to get out the house and provide me a chance to meet other mums! 🤱🏻 


Comment some groups which you found useful with you little ones?

Any classes that you are wanting to attend with your little one? - Drop them below ☺️☺️

Comments

  1. Hi Heather, I am loving your blog! I attend the baby sensory class in Greenock every 2nd week. It's really good and it allowed me to meet lots of other new mums. It would be great to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great to get some ideas for classes! Me and Ossian are looking forward to starting g our swimming lessons with turtle tots

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also attended breastfeeding support groups on my first breastfeeding journey & as you said you learn that alot of things you may worry about are completely normal! You dont need to be having any problems to go either, they are just a lovely safe place to be with other mum's. We also love the music classes and catchy songs! You and Murray are doing fab and I look forward to your next blog.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts